Welcome to our Downers Grove Animal Hospital & Bird Clinic COVID-19 resource page. We will update this page frequently, so please check here before coming to our facility, and as always, feel free to call anytime with questions. (630) 968-2812. Below are answers to common questions…
- Are you open? Yes. These are difficult times for all of us. We at DGAH want to let you know that we are here and plan to continue to provide the care needed to support you and our patients.
- What services are available? We are currently able to provide any services that we would normally provide.
- We are once again offering limited grooming. Please call to schedule an appointment.
- What changes have you implemented to ensure a safe facility? As always, we practice strict biosecurity for the safety of our patients. This has been ramped up to help protect our staff and customers.
- We are cleaning constantly with hospital grade disinfectants.
- We are washing our hands frequently.
- We are asking all who enter the building to wash their hands.
- We are limiting entry to the building. We ask that if you do enter the building for any reason, please DO NOT bring extra people with you. One person at a time please.
- We have modified our check-in procedures to promote social distancing.
- Please always call ahead.
- Please be prepared to give a detailed history by phone.
- Please call when you enter the parking lot and only enter after discussing with a staff member. A variety of options exist from here…
- In most instances, a staff member will come to you either to get your animal or deliver whatever product you need.
- We may take your animal in and ask you to stay in your vehicle. If this is the case, please be ready for a phone call from the veterinarian.
- Please be prepared to provide a credit card number by phone to pay in advance when possible. In many situations this can be done before you come to see us.
- If you are to enter the building for any reason, please call first so that a staff member can ensure that there is an exam room ready for you upon entry.
- If this is your first visit with us, please fill out our new patient registration form prior to your visit. https://www.dganimalhospital.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/client-registration-form.pdf
- We are asking people to alert us and not enter the building if…
- If you or anyone in your home is experiencing respiratory symptoms.
- If you are infected with or know of exposure to COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks.
- Can you help me with my pets needs if I cannot enter your facility? YES! Our staff is ready to assist you. Please call us and we can discuss options to ensure safe delivery of care to our patients without compromising the health of our staff or our valued customers.
- Is my pet at risk of contracting COVID-19? Probably not.
- There are a handful of documented cases of COVID-19 infection in domestic dogs, cats and ferrets. Only one cat and one ferret showed any signs of illness. We also have confirmed illness in some exotic cats. At this time it appears that we can infect our pets, but it is uncommon. When we do infect our pets they do not usually become ill.
- There is no evidence that your pet can pass the virus to you.
- The CDC recommends that those infected with COVID-19 isolate themselves from their pets just as they would from other people. This is a precaution because there is still so much that is unknown about this new pathogen. It’s better to simply have someone else take care of your pets if you are sick.
We are all dedicated to continuing to provide the care that you have come to expect from us. Please don’t hesitate to call with any questions.