Our veterinary services include preventive pet care, in-patient and out-patient services, elective and non-elective surgeries, diagnostic testing, dental care and exotic pet care.
Routine preventive care – Annual or bi-annual wellness exams allow us the opportunity to prevent many problems. When an illness does develop, we can usually treat more successfully if we can identify it before your pet shows symptoms at home.
In-patient and out-patient services – In addition to the outpatient clinic, our highly trained hospital staff can provide the care necessary to help nurse your pet back to health.
- Elective and non-elective surgeries – Our veterinarians are proficient in a wide variety of procedures including but not limited to spay/neuter, cancer excision, abdominal laparotomy for a variety of reasons and many orthopedic procedures. All anesthetic episodes are monitored for safety. Any or all of the following modalities may be used to ensure the safety of your pet:
- Pulse oximetry – Allows us to monitor oxygenation throughout the procedure.
- Doppler blood pressure sensor – Allows us to monitor and adjust the anesthetic protocol to maintain blood pressure and tissue perfusion.
- Pre-operative lab work – Allows us to identify pre-existing conditions before they can cause anesthetic emergencies.
- ECG – Monitoring the electrocardiogram allows us to monitor cardiac function.
- In house lab – Affords us the opportunity to identify many conditions without delay.
- ECG – For cardiac arrhythmia identification.
- Ultrasound – Advanced training in this area allows us to identify and monitor many diseases of the abdominal organs.
- Digital Radiology – Upgrading to digital radiography ensures the highest quality image attainable.
- Tonometry – Allows us to screen for and diagnose glaucoma and other ocular diseases.
- Video otoscope – allows us to see deep into the ear canal.
- Doppler blood pressure – A variety of chronic illnesses cause elevated blood pressure that can be difficult to monitor without the correct equipment.
Dental Care – Digital dental radiography is essential to identify and properly treat periodontal disease which is the most common disease seen in our pets.
Exotic Pet Care – Staff veterinarians have taken a special interest and pursued advanced training in the diagnosis and treatment of exotic pets.